DAY 6 TUESDAY 12TH JANUARY
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Otter Class»
- DAY 6 TUESDAY 12TH JANUARY»
Hello Year 6,
Here's the plan for today:
Maths Warm Up – The Daily 10
- Go to the following website:
- Click on the Daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘Choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 6 (Year 6).
- 2nd tab: Digit Values
- You will then need to select how much time you want between each question.
- YOU NEED TO WRITE YOUR 10 ANSWERS DOWN ON PAPER.
- At the end of the quiz, you can check your answers.
- Do another Daily 10, this time picking Ordering
Maths Main Lesson
Today we are moving on from numbers with 2 decimal places to numbers with 3 decimal places, with a specific focus upon thousandths. You should be finding this week’s maths less challenging than that of last week; we spend a lot more time working upon number focused lessons and so the children are often much more confident when working upon this type of maths.
As usual you need to watch the White Rose teaching video before completing the worksheet which can be found in the attachments at the bottom of the page.
Maths Video Explanations
As usual you can find the links to the maths tutorials on Class Dojo.
Today is our 6th lesson in our Sherlock sequence of learning. In this lesson, you will revisit clauses, simple sentences, coordinating conjunctions and compound sentences. You will also apply your knowledge by writing a range of simple and compound sentences using different coordinating conjunctions.
In this lesson, you are going to be learning about how the Shang Dynasty began and about its first ruler: Emperor Tang.
Ongoing Art / DT Project
To link with our work on biomes and our upcoming science work on classification, I would like you to work upon an animal or plant themed art & design project at home. I have attached a rather large pdf document for ideas for your possible project. You can choose any of the ideas in the booklet as long as your final outcome represents a plant or an animal. All the projects in the booklet can be made with items that would usually end up in your recycle bin. I expect that this may take you several sessions to complete so please don’t think you have to complete it in one day.
As well as looking through the attached pdf, you can also visit the following website: